Friday, January 27, 2006

Fact or Crap?

So, a coworker of mine passed along a "Fact or Crap" desk calendar to me because he thought I'd get more out of it than he. So now I have it, and I am 26 days behind. I've decided to share some of the more interesting ones with you. They are all true or false questions, so start answering, and I'll post the answers in a comment here in a few days.

Readysetgo!
  1. Recycling one glass jar saves enought energy to watch TV for three hours.
  2. Your body creates and kills 17 million red blood cells per minute.
  3. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
  4. An irregular movement by the moon caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backward on December 16,1811.
  5. Cows are one of the main contributors to the hole in the ozone layer.
  6. An espresso has less caffeine than a cup of coffee.
  7. A form of basketball was originally played 3,500 years ago.
  8. Herds of lemmings commit mass suicide each year by throwing themselves over cliffs to keep their species population in check.
  9. Clint Eastwood wrote many of the scores for his movies.
  10. Mice have ten times as many smell receptor genes as humans.

Good luck!

4 comments:

The Girl in Black said...

So where's the quiz key?

Ted Carter said...

I was waiting for someone to respond. I'll try to post it tomorrow...

Missy said...

IT'S ALL CRAP I TELL YOU!!!! CRAP!!

Ted Carter said...

Okay, here are the brief answers:

1. Fact
2. Crap - it is actually 17 million per second.
3. Crap - by an electrician.
4. Crap - it was an earthquake.
5. Crap - it's global warming.
6. Fact.
7. Fact.
8. Crap.
9. Fact.
10. Crap - only four times as many.

There you go!